cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Umbrella Wireless LAN (WLAN)

chamaraw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I am planning to implement a Wi-Fi solution for 2 remote locations where cabling is not permitted.

My plan is to build a Meraki wireless network in each location by installing one MR86 Access Point with MG Cellular Gateway to provide Internet connectivity. In this scenario, the wi-fi client devices will be barcode scanners (android) that use to scan tags on packages to be shipped. These devices need a secure internet connection to communicate with their cloud-based ERP system. So, I thought of integrating with Cisco Umbrells secure Internet Gateway in order to meet the security requirements, firewall functions, IPS/IDS, L7 application filtering, URL filtering etc. for each of those individual networks. However, there are a few things I need to clarify.

• Possibility of integrating the Meraki access point directly with the Umbrella SIG? (Without using an MX security appliance)
  • If so, can the security requirements requested above be met by Umbrella SIG?
  • Can I connect those client devices with umbrella SIG without installing any agent software?
  • Can those security requirements be met using only the Cisco Umbrella WLAN "UMB-WLAN" license?
  • if not, what umbrella licenses should have to obtain those features?
  • what licenses that each access point should have? (LIC-ENT/LIC-MR-ADV)
3 Replies 3

Soichiro-Ono
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello.

Isn't it enough to just combine MX67C-HW (cellular model) and MR or MX68CW-HW (cellular and Wi-Fi model)?

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/mx-family-datasheet

MX67/MX68 Installation Guide - Cisco Meraki

The Umbrella SIG deployment will be designed with MX in mind.

Meraki Umbrella SDWAN Connector Deployment Guide - Cisco Meraki

MX and Umbrella SIG IPSec Tunnel - Cisco Meraki

Regard,

If you found this post helpful, please give it Helphul.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際には いいね! をクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、解決済みをクリックしてください。

Hi, thank you very much for the info.
The reason for choosing the cellular gateway over the MX67C is its dual SIM and automatic SIM failover capability to achieve higher availability.

A directional antenna is to be used as the area requires extensive Wi-Fi coverage, so the coverage provided by the MX68CW may not be sufficient.

Yes, if there is a method to achieve higher availability with MX67C-HW, it will be more suitable for this requirement.

Regard.

Hello.

it's okay, I got it. If you do, then you can add MX as an introductory guide.

Regard,

If you found this post helpful, please give it Helphul.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際には いいね! をクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、解決済みをクリックしてください。