cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.6 - User not automatically authenticate when he join a schedul meeting for first time

Hi Team,

I have a issue with CWMS 2.6 (On prem, 800 user, HA, LDAP integration), IE8 for user :

scenario :

1) a user (create and active on CWMS system)  have a schedul meeting, he click on the web link to join the meeting,

2) the web page of meeting is open (like a un-authentified user) and the user can enter "YOUR NAME" and "EMAIL" (like "Superman" and "john.doe@Cisco.com" => this is the real email of user).

3) And the user click on "JOIN" => the popup of plugin of automatically authentication of this user appear with real name and email Prefilled: "John Doe" and "john.doe@Cisco.com", the user click on "Connexion"

4) At this time, the user join the meeting with the name "Superman" and "john.doe@Cisco.com", like a un-authentified user !!!

But in the web page of CWMS, the user is authentified, that's mean if the user leave the meeting and join again on this meeting, he's coming like a authentified user with "John Doe" and "john.doe@Cisco.com". (and it's ok)

Can you help us to know why the name of user not display on the meeting ?

Thanks for your help.

Philippe 

12 Replies 12

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Philippe,

I will try to reproduce this issue in the lab and will let you know if it is some sort of a bug. Is this behavior reproducible on any other kind of web browser or only on IE8?

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

I have asked to my custumer for testing with FF. But the IE8 is the corporate browser ...

Thanks for your help

I was also trying to reproduce it but could not ;)

Indeed Philippe if you could try with a different browser?

Also what is the exact CWMS version?

Could you clarify further step 3 what exactly you do on the interface? (maybe a screenshot to demonstrate it?)

H Bruno,

The exact version is 2.6.1.39.B-AE

Step 2) the user enter his name and his email. (ScreenShot - "1")

Step 3) a - the user click en "JOIN" ("Rejoindre" in french) (ScreenShot - "2")

b - The popup appear with the preffiled email and password  (ScreenShot - "3")

... and click on "Connexion"

Philippe

Hi Dejan

This behavior is the same on FF38.

After the first connection on the meeting with the wrong name, the user is authenticated on CWMS web page. If he join the same meeting again, he's authenticate and appear with the good name (his name in fact). But his first connection is always there. It mean that the first connection of the user is like a externel guest .... 

Hi Philippe,

I can't reproduce this issue on CWMS 2.6 MR2 or 2.5 MR6 that I have in my lab. Unfortunately, I have only IE11, FF43 and Chrome 50 and not FF38 or IE8 at the moment.

I need a little bit more time to find a machine with IE8 or FF38 and revert my lab to 2.6.1.39 to test.

-Dejan

Hi Philippe,

We can't seem to reproduce this issue. We might need a TAC case for this one to see what in your environment is different and collect the logs. 

-Dejan

Thank Dejan,

It's possible that your are the owner of this SR (you or your team) ?

Regards

Philippe

Hi Team,

Finally, TAC team concluded :

"As discussed on WebEx the display name indeed has changed from version 1.5 to version 2.6. The display name now(unlike in version 1.5) is the one that you entered for “your name” rather the one associated to the host user against his account. I checked the release notes, but I also was not able to find the version that changed this behavior."

Best Regards

Philippe

Hi Philippe,

Is this a final answer, or this is still being troubleshot by TAC? If this was really the case, we would be able to reproduce it at will in our labs, so I am not sure why we weren't able to do this.

Let us know when the case is fully resolved and if additional information is provided and if documentation is updated or this is identified as a defect.

Thank you.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Maybe my first explanation was not clear and fully detailed.

But Amit has reproduced the same scenario on his lab on 2.6 and Cloud version.

And notice that the user is really authentified (example his picture appear) but in participant window, this is the name that you entered in your name who is displayed.

And he was able to see that in 1.5 version, it's not the same behavior.

In fact, my problem is not a problem but a feature change ....

Amit forward to BU.

Best regards

Philippe

Hi Dejan,

My open case : 639048177

Thank,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: