cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error configuring CSF device (Jabber) using BAT

marta.pajares
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure Jabber  on CUCM using BAT. I have tried only with 1 device but I got this error:

Failure Details :
MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CSF123456789045 CSF123456789045 is not a valid device in device"

If on CSV file I change the MAC ADDRESS/DEVICE NAME to other I have the same error. I only can configure a new CSF device if I select the option "Create Dummy MAC Address (For CTI Port, Create Dummy Device Name)" but the Device Name created has the format BATxxxxx. 

¿how can I configure the CSF device with BAT?

1 Reply 1

mm322
Level 1
Level 1

Very old post, but let me give it an answer: the error may refer to the field 'Primary Phone' filled in with the device name.

In other words if the 'Primary Phone' in the csv is populated with the device name CSF123456789045 which however does not exist yet, the bulk will fail exactly as per the error description:"CSF123456789045 is not a valid device in device".

So you may edit your csv file leaving the Primary Phone field blank and go ahead with the insert phone bulk action.

Next step you can adjust the Primary Phone right on the gui after the new csf is found.

Hope this helps.