cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to start Share could not initiate desktop share

Chris Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

we have calabrio QM recording as well as jabber running. we record their desktop with calabrio. however when we have a user that tries to initiate a desktop share with jabber it gives us the error "Failed to start Share could not initiate desktop share" when i stop the desktop monitoring and recording service from calabrio it works. i thought that there might be some port overlap but they have alot of ports that are open to chose form and i find that hard to believe.

i have been told that if calabrio and jabber use the same remote assistance windows api they will never work in harmony. Does anyone know if jabber uses the remote assistance api to for screen sharing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

so after a long time with cisco tac and calabrio we found a resolution. It is an issue with desktop monitoring in AQM (calabrio) and Cisco jabber desktop sharing.

Calabrio uses a new API windows remote assistance api in there newer version 10.5.1.3000 what i was told somewhere along the way on a service pack they removed their home baked desktop monitoring software and now use the windows remote assistance api. They have no plans on changing it, so get used to it. (not a good idea in my opinion). I was able to figure this issue out when i would unlicense one of my agents and they would magically be able to screen share again.

to fix this please disable "live screen monitor" under the "interface" settings in the "wuality Management Administrator"  This will disable the ability for a supervisor to live monitor an agents screen but the screen will still be recorded on a call. users will no be able to share their desktop in jabber.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

so after a long time with cisco tac and calabrio we found a resolution. It is an issue with desktop monitoring in AQM (calabrio) and Cisco jabber desktop sharing.

Calabrio uses a new API windows remote assistance api in there newer version 10.5.1.3000 what i was told somewhere along the way on a service pack they removed their home baked desktop monitoring software and now use the windows remote assistance api. They have no plans on changing it, so get used to it. (not a good idea in my opinion). I was able to figure this issue out when i would unlicense one of my agents and they would magically be able to screen share again.

to fix this please disable "live screen monitor" under the "interface" settings in the "wuality Management Administrator"  This will disable the ability for a supervisor to live monitor an agents screen but the screen will still be recorded on a call. users will no be able to share their desktop in jabber.