cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber automatically generates a log to the desktop.

Hi,

One of my customers is having an issue - Jabber generates a log to the desktop every once in a while. I am not familiar with any automatic log generator configuration for Jabber and never seen this before, I will post an image of the Log and upload it to this thread, hopefully this is just some kind of configuration that can be disabled.

(CUCM and IMP version is 11.5)

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Reply 1

The issue has been resolved;

I found that the "Log Writing Desktop" Parameter in the jabber config was not set. 

I added the parameter and set it to "User Can Enable" Which let enable or disable the log output at any given time.

you can find additional information about this issue here: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_1/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-for-cisco_12_1/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-for-cisco_12_1_chapter_0111.html

the parameter I changed was :

"Log Writing Desktop":

Applies to Cisco Jabber for desktop clients.

Defines the level of security for PRT logging by specifying whether logs are written to disc for desktop clients.
Always (default)—Logs are always written to disc at DEBUG level. No option appears in the client Help menu.

User Can Enable—Allows users to decide whether logs are written to disc or not. Setting this value creates a Detailed Logging option in the Help menu of the client, where the user can enable or disable detailed logging. If enabled, DEBUG level logging is created, and if disabled, INFO level logging is created.

Never—Logs are never written to disc. INFO level logging is created. When a PRT is manually generated, in-memory logs are flushed to a temporary file that is deleted as soon as the PRT is generated.