Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays

Changing RTP parameters using JTAPI

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Umesh Chaurasia on 26-07-2013 04:50:12 AM
Hi,   Is it possible to change RTP parameters using JTAPI after call establishment or before call establishment? Mainly I want to change the TTL value in RTP. I can see CTIPort receives RTP with TTL value as 1. Is there any config parameter in CUCM to set TTL.     - Regards, Umesh

Subject: RE: Changing RTP parameters using JTAPI
Replied by: David Staudt on 26-07-2013 01:58:20 PM
Interesting question...not sure I've run across this before.  I don't find any mention of TTL configuration - or even mentions - in the JTAPI or UCM documentation, other in the discussion of multicast music-on-hold.  Is it possible the RTP is being sent from a MoH source when you see this?
If not, I would assume that the TTL of RTP data is set more-or-less autonomously by the sender - in the case of Cisco IP Phones  it appears this is usually 64.  What is the source of the RTP media received in your scenario?
Re modifying media capabilities mid-call, this may be possible if using 'Dynamic Registration' for CTI ports, where the application specifies the media capabilities (codec/IP/port) in real-time on a call-by-call basis, actually a media-setup by media-setup basis (e.g. hold, then resume, giving a new media capabilities for the CiscoMediaOpenLogicalChannelEv on resume.)  Note that JTAPI media capabilities provide no access to TTL.

Subject: RE: Changing RTP parameters using JTAPI
Replied by: Umesh Chaurasia on 26-07-2013 09:31:19 PM
David Staudt:
Interesting question...not sure I've run across this before.  I don't find any mention of TTL configuration - or even mentions - in the JTAPI or UCM documentation, other in the discussion of multicast music-on-hold.  Is it possible the RTP is being sent from a MoH source when you see this?
If not, I would assume that the TTL of RTP data is set more-or-less autonomously by the sender - in the case of Cisco IP Phones  it appears this is usually 64.  What is the source of the RTP media received in your scenario?
Re modifying media capabilities mid-call, this may be possible if using 'Dynamic Registration' for CTI ports, where the application specifies the media capabilities (codec/IP/port) in real-time on a call-by-call basis, actually a media-setup by media-setup basis (e.g. hold, then resume, giving a new media capabilities for the CiscoMediaOpenLogicalChannelEv on resume.)  Note that JTAPI media capabilities provide no access to TTL.

Hi David,
Here source of rtp is meetme conference bridge. I can see TTL value as 1 in wireshark for media from cucm conf bridge to ctiport.

Regards,
Umesh
Content for Community-Ad