Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Matthew J Denapoli on 27-07-2011 04:10:48 PM
Our "prototype" Cius has this User-Agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ivydale Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Will "ivydale" be in the User-Agent string of production Cius' as well?  I need to know so that I can send Cius users to the right app store.

-Joshua

Subject: RE: Cius User Agent String?
Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 28-07-2011 10:43:51 AM
Joshua -

What version of the firmware is your Cius running?  You can find the firmware version by going to Settings, then About Cius, then scroll down to Active Load.

Thanks,
Amanda Whaley

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 28-07-2011 11:34:43 AM
sipcius.9-1-1TT14-5SECdev

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 28-07-2011 12:25:44 PM
Joshua -

You need to upgrade the firmware on your Cius to the current version.  If your Cius is connected through the RAVE lab, you can find information on how to upgrade on this page - http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/upgrade-cius-firmware.

If your Cius is connected to another UC installation, you will need to contact the administrator  of that UC system.

After you have upgraded the firmware, you will find that the User-agent string is

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; cius Build/9.2.1) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

thanks,
Amanda Whaley

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 28-07-2011 12:50:39 PM
Will do.  I'll watch for both "ivydale" and "cius" in my sniffer.

Thanks!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links