Walkthrough Wednesdays

Monitor two Phones with Same DN but different Partition

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: RAMA TUMMALA on 07-05-2010 05:41:31 AM
Hi,

When two device profiles with same DN but different partitions were logged on two 7941 phones,
able to receive TAPI events for only one phone, Not receiving any events for the other one. It seems like the CiscoTSP is not detecting the second device but both the phones are added to TSP application user in the UCM v6.1.3. 

Is this a limitation on the CiscoTSP? If not, then is there any other settings which i need to do to get events from the second device?

Please provide the limitations link for the CiscoTSP. Also for the steps, if exists, to do any more configuration to get events.

FYI, configured translation pattern to make calls between these two devices with same DNs in different partition.

Please reply back ASAP
Thanks.

Subject: RE: Monitor two Phones with Same DN but different Partition
Replied by: David Staudt on 12-05-2010 03:12:01 AM
This should work.  Note that you have to negotiate a certain extension version or higher in order for the TSP to expose the partition information in some of the structures (like LINECALLINFO.)

Replied by: Vladimir Banker on 03-06-2010 08:33:10 AM
Hi!
could you specify how get partition for the device?
Which exatly filed point to partition?
Thanks

Replied by: Jeremy Edwards on 07-10-2010 08:18:51 AM
Has anydody managed to get this to work? if so is there any sample code available?

Thanks

Subject: Re: New Message from Jeremy Edwards in Cisco TAPI (TAPI) - Cisco TAPI Quest
Replied by: David Staudt on 07-10-2010 03:03:56 PM
See this section of the TAPI dev guide:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/tapi_dev/8_0_1/extensions.html#wp1216875

The info is present in LINEDEVCAPS but in the dev specific area.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Jeremy Edwards in Cisco TAPI (TAPI) - Cisco TAPI Q
Replied by: Jeremy Edwards on 07-10-2010 03:11:44 PM
Thanks for the reply but I've read all of the docs but can not get this to work.

I've negotiated the extension version and am getting back a success value with a negotiated version of 0x800000
but when I query the line dev caps the dev speciofic size and offset are zero.

Some sample code of how this "Should" work would be helpfull at this point.

Also the dwPermanentId returns the same value for every cisco line i'm monitoring shouldn't the GUID be different for each line?
Content for Community-Ad