cancel

Monitoring reporting server

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Hemal Mehta on 27-09-2012 08:40:05 AM
All,
Is there a real good way to determine when a reporting server goes into partial state, down state etc.  Other than looking at ops console manually, what exactly are the services that affect the state ? Also can certain errors cause that.  If so what are those ? I am looking to automate the solution.
Hemal 

Subject: RE: Monitoring reporting server
Replied by: Ron Nelson on 22-10-2012 02:38:10 PM
Hemal Mehta:
All,
Is there a real good way to determine when a reporting server goes into partial state, down state etc.  Other than looking at ops console manually, what exactly are the services that affect the state ? Also can certain errors cause that.  If so what are those ? I am looking to automate the solution.
Hemal 

Depending on what your technology is, you should be able to monitor the ORM logs for device state changes.

Subject: Automatic reply: New Message from Ron Nelson in Customer Voice Portal (CVP)
Replied by: Deepak Gupta on 22-10-2012 02:39:07 PM
Hi

I am on PTO from 23 Oct 2012 and will have limited access to mails/phone during this time.  Please drop me a message and I will respond back to you by 29th Oct 2012.

Regards,
Deepak Gupta
Email: deepagup@cisco.com
Phone: +91 9899248292

Subject: Automatic reply: New Message from Ron Nelson in Customer Voice Portal (CVP)
Replied by: Reach Company on 22-10-2012 02:40:08 PM
Dears ,
I'm on vacation starting from 14Oct -24Oct .for assistance please contact my colleagues, Islam Irshaid , at +970 (59) 8080132 email: Islam.Irshaid@hulul.com. shaker khanfar , at +970 (59) 8080100 email: shaker.khanfar@hulul.com
Thanks

Subject: RE: New Message from Ron Nelson in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Di
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 24-10-2012 03:24:15 PM
Ron,
I checked the ORM logs and did not find the state being logged. In this case the affected server was the reporting server and I checked ORM logs on that.  Do you know what exactly  it logs when a change of state happens. I am using CVP 8.5.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 2:38 PM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Ron Nelson in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Discussion - All Versions: RE: Monitoring reporting server

Ron Nelson has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions": --------------------------------------------------------------
Hemal Mehta:
All,
Is there a real good way to determine when a reporting server goes into partial state, down state etc.  Other than looking at ops console manually, what exactly are the services that affect the state ? Also can certain errors cause that.  If so what are those ? I am looking to automate the solution.
Hemal

Depending on what your technology is, you should be able to monitor the ORM logs for device state changes.
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/community/-/message_boards/view_message/7944123 or simply reply to this email.

Replied by: Ron Nelson on 30-10-2012 09:57:11 AM
For us, it is in <CVP SERVER>/Cisco/CVP/logs/CVP<DATE>. 
Here's an example of the line
944: 10.140.219.31: Oct 21 2012 00:00:02.963 -0500: %CVP_8_5_RPT-1-REPORTING_STATE_CHANGE:  REPORTING Subsystem state changed to RPT SS RPT1 changes its state to Partial Service cause Purge started [id:4001]

Replied by: Matthew Reiter on 30-10-2012 11:15:35 AM
It looks like reporting server state changes are sent to SNMP and syslog, so you can use either mechanism to monitor the state.
The reporting server will go into partial service during database purges or if there is a problem communicating with the database that causes messages to be temporarily written to a file on disk. It will also go into partial service if the number of messages in the reporting server's internal message queue gets too high.

Subject: RE: New Message from Matthew Reiter in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - Genera
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 30-10-2012 11:23:24 AM
Thanks Matt. Let me look into it.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:16 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Matthew Reiter in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Discussion - All Versions: RE: Monitoring reporting server

Matthew Reiter has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions": -------------------------------------------------------------- It looks like reporting server state changes are sent to SNMP and syslog, so you can use either mechanism to monitor the state.
The reporting server will go into partial service during database purges or if there is a problem communicating with the database that causes messages to be temporarily written to a file on disk. It will also go into partial service if the number of messages in the reporting server's internal message queue gets too high.
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/8150537 or simply reply to this email.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here