Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Dhaval Sheth
Level 1
Level 1

Copssh is an OpenSSH server and client implementation for Windows systems with an administration GUI.

It was previously available for free. Now the previous versions are free but for new version you have to pay for the new functionality & support.

Here is a small guide to install CopSSH & configure it to use for the  Unity Connection or CallManager.

Installation of CopSSH.

01.JPG

02.JPG

Accept License agreement

03.JPG

Specify an installation location

041.JPG

Specify a service account.

05.JPG

Installation will start.

06.JPG

The installation is done..

Change in the string PasswordAuthentication in the file sshd_config (C:\Program Files\ICW\etc) to PasswordAuthentication yes .

Configuration for call Manager & unity Connection.

you must have one local user with admin rights or domain user with admin rights to change the path in call manager/unity connection backup device option.

you have to activate that user in CopSSH to use the sftp server

Go to Start --> All Programs --> Copssh -->  Activate a user .

q.JPG

Choose desired user

qw.JPG

Choose the passkey & the user is activated.

Add the device in the call manager or unity connection & it is ready for backup.

Comments

Dhaval,

This very detail on how to setup the COPSSH.  However I still have some questions for you about this setup.

1. Does the passkey need to match the security password you used during install?

2. How do you add the device to the CUCM?  I am using version 8.0.2 and I need to back this thing up before something bad happens!

Thanks.

Scott

Dhaval Sheth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Answers to your questions,

(1) No it is not necessary, (However , I have not tried this )

(2) Login  to "Disaster Recovery " page

go to backup --> backup device --> add new

fill the details as shown below

& you are ready to take backup or schedule the backup ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: