cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Connection

Akib Dargawale
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm trying to connect the database using the database element.

Application Ran Successfully when I Debug, but when I tried to run using vxml server I got an error.

Context file-

<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->
<Context>

<!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
<WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>

<Resource name="jdbc/MOMIVRDB"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
url="jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.1.31:1433;integratedSecurity=true; user=AKIBLAB\Administrator; password=; DatabaseName=MOMIVRDB"
/>
<Manager pathname="" />

</Context>

Error-

Caused by: com.audium.server.AudiumException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Cannot open database "MOMIVRDB" requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:f5940803-3aad-488a-974a-0e41aff47c04)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.doAction(DatabaseAction.java:367)
at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:390)
... 27 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Cannot open database "MOMIVRDB" requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:f5940803-3aad-488a-974a-0e41aff47c04)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2342)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:2067)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1543)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.doAction(DatabaseAction.java:313)
... 28 more
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database "MOMIVRDB" requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:f5940803-3aad-488a-974a-0e41aff47c04
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:259)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:256)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:108)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$1LogonProcessor.complete(SQLServerConnection.java:4269)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:4547)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:3406)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$100(SQLServerConnection.java:85)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:3370)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7347)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:2713)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:2261)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:1921)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:1762)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:1077)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:618)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:38)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:262)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2352)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2338)
... 31 more

Please Help me.

4 Replies 4

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

I tried googling this: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory 

And got this: "https://stackoverflow.com › questions › cannot-create-p...
Jan 4, 2013 — This is a network problem. Check out your database connectivity. Either your database connection link, username and password is wrong or your ..."

I assume it's a firewall issue. I also see a blank space in your url string, so be sure to remove that.
If you're using 11.6 or 12.0, I believe there was a registry fix required to allow TLS1.2, check cisco.com
Be sure you have added the right jdbc driver in VXMLserver/tomcat/lib - it's java version and DB version specific.

Hello Mam,

Thanks for your Reply.

I have updated the Context file as you Suggested.

I have used the 12.0 version of cisco, and the SQL is SQLJDBC41.jar.

The username and IP address are correct.

The firewall is disabled.

Context file-

auth="Container"
url="jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.1.31:1433;integratedSecurity=true;user=AKIBLAB\Administrator;DatabaseName=MOMIVRDB"

/>

But When I Debug the application Got the Answer-

Connecting...
Prompt: (http://192.168.1.31/en-us/app/RechargeOf.wav) two (http://192.168.1.31/en-us/sys/2.wav) hundred (http://192.168.1.31/en-us/sys/hundred.wav) forty (http://192.168.1.31/en-us/sys/40.wav) nine (http://192.168.1.31/en-us/sys/9.wav)
Disconnected.

I don't understand why the vxml server shows an error.

Please Help.

Hello mam,

When i add this line to the Context file-

factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory"

Context file-

auth="Container"
url="jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.1.31:1433;integratedSecurity=true;user=AKIBLAB\Administrator;DatabaseName=MOMIVRDB"
/>

Got Different Error-

192.168.1.31.1639983547797.0.DbDemo,12/20/2021 12:29:09.047, The error was: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException. There was a problem looking up the JNDI data source 'MOMIVRDB'. The root cause was: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [MOMIVRDB] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [MOMIVRDB].
com.audium.server.AudiumException: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException.
at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:416)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToAction(Controller.java:4446)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:4082)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.continueCall(Controller.java:3762)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doPost(Controller.java:1175)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:660)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:199)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:412)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:754)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1385)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.audium.server.AudiumException: There was a problem looking up the JNDI data source 'MOMIVRDB'.
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSourceForTomcat(DatabaseAction.java:237)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSource(DatabaseAction.java:192)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.doAction(DatabaseAction.java:305)
at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:390)
... 27 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [MOMIVRDB] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [MOMIVRDB].
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:817)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:173)
at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:163)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:417)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSourceForTomcat(DatabaseAction.java:235)
... 30 more

1. I believe that Studio11.6 and perhaps 12.0, the Debugger used a
different version of java than VxmlServer. So that might explain why you
can connect to the DB from the Debugger, but not from VxmlServer.

On your VxmlServer, change into C:\Cisco\CVP\jre\bin and execute "java
-version"    If you're using java 8, then you must use a different JDBC
jar file (not 41.jar)

2. JAR File:
A) Through CVP11.5, use sqljdbc4.jar

B) CVP 11.6 and SQL2014SP2 db, use sqljdbc41.jar or
mssql-jdbc-6.4.0.jre7.jar
MODIFY THE CVP REGISTRY:    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE ->
Wow6432Node -> Apache Software Foundation -> Procrun 2.0 -> VXMLServer
-> Parameters -> Java -> Options. Add -Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2

C)  **** I don't know what to use for 12.0, I believe it depends what
version of java you have running
and which version sql server you're connecting to

D) CVP12.5 (java use mssql-jdbc-8.2.2.jre8.jar

3. Do NOT use this in the context.xml as it causes VxmlServer not to
reconnect to the DB if the DB goes down and then comes back up.

4. I've never seen ;integratedSecurity=true;  in the URL string with
VXMLServer - can you remove that and retry.

5******. Be sure you restart VXMLServer after any changes.