cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IT ESSENTIALS 8.01 ERRATA

paulrhoden
Level 1
Level 1

I am preparing to teach IT Essentials 8.01; is anyone else find lots of mistakes in the course content?

The "Check Your Understanding" sections are particularly bad, the "correct" answers either being wrong or Feedback showing information for other Chapters or other sections. I have also found questions in the chapter exams that are not covered in curriculum.

I am starting to fill out the Errata but this is looking like a long job.

Anyone who is hoping to teach Version 8.01, it is clearly not fit for purpose at the moment.

Would appreciate a few more eyes on this to get the Errata filled in a bit quicker and get Netacad to start updating to content.

@it Essentials

3 Replies 3

@paulrhoden wrote:

I am preparing to teach IT Essentials 8.01; is anyone else find lots of mistakes in the course content?

The "Check Your Understanding" sections are particularly bad, the "correct" answers either being wrong or Feedback showing information for other Chapters or other sections. I have also found questions in the chapter exams that are not covered in curriculum. MyAARPMedicare Pay Bill

I am starting to fill out the Errata but this is looking like a long job.

Anyone who is hoping to teach Version 8.01, it is clearly not fit for purpose at the moment.

Would appreciate a few more eyes on this to get the Errata filled in a bit quicker and get Netacad to start updating to content.

@itEssentials

Hello, @paulrhoden 

I can provide you with some general "address the situation".

Reach out to fellow educators or join online forums and communities dedicated to IT Essentials. Share your experiences and concerns regarding the course content. By connecting with others who have taught or are currently teaching the same course, you may find additional insights, support, and even potential solutions to the issues you've encountered.

If you haven't done so already, consider reaching out to the course provider or the relevant support team to report the mistakes you've found. Provide specific details about the errors, such as the chapter, section, and specific questions that are problematic. This will help them identify and address the issues more effectively.

Connect with other instructors who are teaching the same course and share your experiences. Collaborate with them to identify and document the errors, and collectively work on creating an errata or a list of corrections. This shared effort can help expedite the process of getting the errata filled and encourage the course provider to update the content.

As you mentioned, filling out an errata is a good step towards documenting the mistakes you've found. Note down the specific errors, including incorrect answers, feedback, and missing content. Include the chapter, section, and any relevant details to provide clarity. This documentation can serve as a reference when reporting the issues to the course provider and can be shared with other educators experiencing similar problems.

Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the course content. Periodically check with the course provider or their website to see if there have been any updates or announcements addressing the issues you've encountered. This way, you can ensure that you have access to the most current and accurate version of the course materials.

By actively engaging with the community and sharing your concerns, you can help raise awareness about the errors and contribute to the improvement of the course content. Your efforts, along with the collaboration of other educators, can prompt the course provider to address and rectify the issues in a timely manner.

If need more details please tell me. i am happy to help you.

Best regard

Hello,

Contact Neta cad Support, reach out to the support team or administrators of the Neta cad platform and inform them about the mistakes you've found in the course content. They are in the best position to assist you with the specific concerns related to the IT Essentials course. Engage with the Community, look for forums, discussion boards, or online communities related to IT Essentials or Neta cad. Engage with other instructors or learners who are using the same course materials and share your concerns. Collaborating with others who have encountered similar issues can help validate your findings and potentially expedite the process of updating the content. Report Errors and Provide Feedback, use the resources provided by Neta cad to report errors and provide feedback on the course content. This might include submitting an errata, filling out feedback forms, or utilizing any other channels specifically designed for reporting issues. Document Mistakes, as you mentioned, you're already filling out the Errata. Continue documenting the mistakes you find in detail, including the specific chapter, section, question numbers, and the corrections needed. This comprehensive list will be useful when reporting the errors and providing feedback to Neta cad. Collaborate with Peers, if you have colleagues or fellow instructors who are teaching the same course or have experience with it, reach out to them and share your concerns. Collaborating with others can help you identify additional mistakes, gather more evidence, and collectively address the issue with Neta cad. My AARP Medicare

madbrain
Level 1
Level 1

If you're looking for information on errata related to IT Essentials 8.0.1 (which is part of Cisco's IT Essentials curriculum), it typically refers to corrections or updates to the content or materials provided by Cisco. Errata are usually released to address errors or inconsistencies found in the course materials. To find the specific errata for IT Essentials 8.0.1, you would typically:

1. Check Cisco's Official Website: Visit Cisco's official website or the Cisco Networking Academy website. They often provide a section or page dedicated to course updates, including errata.

2. Course Materials: Review the course materials provided by Cisco through the Networking Academy platform or your instructor. They may include specific notes or corrections.

3. Community Forums: Participate in Cisco's community forums or discussion boards related to IT Essentials. Sometimes, instructors or other users share information about identified errata and updates.

4. Contact Cisco Support: If you can't find the information online, consider contacting Cisco's support directly. They can provide guidance on where to find the latest errata or updates for IT Essentials 8.0.1.

Staying updated with errata is important to ensure you have the most accurate and current information while studying or teaching the course.

Quick Links