Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages refused "due to their content"

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear friends,

CSC has recently begun refusing posts with a cryptic complaint: "This message can not be displayed due to its content.  Please use the Contact Us link with any questions."

The thing is that I have absolutely no clue what I am doing wrong. I avoid strong language, the message is not overlong, no special characters seem to have crept in - I have even taken one of the refused messages by its HTML code (from the HTML editor) and processed it through UTF8-to-ASCII convertor - absolutely no change. I am at a total loss about this.

To replicate the problem, I have attached an HTML code of the message I originally wanted to post as a response to this Giuseppe's message:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3429793#3429793

Dan, Anton and/or other CSC maintainers, can you guys please try to replicate the issue (copy the HTML code into the HTML editor when responding to the indicated Giuseppe's message) and tell me if there is anything wrong with me or with CSC? Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

3 Replies 3

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Friends,

Update: by painstaking post-a-bit-to-see-if-I-get-kicked-out process, I have found that a single word in my response was causing this problem: the word

h e a v y w e i g h t

(had to place whitespaces into the word to make CSC accept at least this message!)

Replacing it with a different word resulted in the post being accepted right away.

Pardon me but is that word considered to be inappropriate in common English? And even if it is, why does CSC not tell me exactly what does it find sub-par so that I can correct it? This has got me quite annoyed... sorry for my temper.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I apologize for the inconvenience you have had with some of your posts.  Recently CSC has been hit with a significant amount of spam.  In order to help keep it under control we have had to block certain words that normally would not be deemed offensive.  One of those words is "heavy weight".  It is being used to promote streaming services for sporting events.  Unfortunately, our platform doesn't have the ability to provide what the offensive word is, but I think that is a good suggestion and will pass it along to our development team.  If you come across a word you use regularly, and it's continually being blocked please notify us so we can get it removed from the banned list.

If you or anyone sees any spam on CSC please use the "report abuse" link in the post so we can get it removed immediately.

Again, I apologize for the troubles and we hope to have this issue resolved shortly.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

I received the following message when trying to post as well:

"This message can not be displayed due to its content."

The problem was the word "f o o t b a l l".  I was using it to describe the size of the site in question, as in "3 f o o t b a l l fields side-by-side".

Thank you,

KB

Quick Links