cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Perennial topics - Merging threads

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are some topics (example, "my phone is stuck at boot"), that are frequently brought up again and again. Typically, the author is someone that had just run into the problem, did an incomplete search, located the the  forum and joined solely for the purpose of solving the problem.

When invited to search before asking, it also happens that he/she couldn't find the answer (maybe due to slightly different terms,  or because was in the 2nd page).

So I think we need a better way to address frequently asked question. One way would be to have better documents (as it happens, the Cisco ones do not always cover all the issues, or not satisfactorily), but that first takes timed and effort, and second it doesn't make the forum any tidier, as the questions will staying there.

So, even if it is not in the 'no active moderation' style of the forum, I'm proposing that on suggestion of reputable partecipants, moderators do join threads, so for example all the questions stay together in a thread that also contains the answer. That would laso work good for certin topics like "what is the roadmap for feature X". Even myself I'm not convinced that this will fly with CSC big managers, but at least let's talk about it.

1 Reply 1

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Paolo,

Thanks for the feedback.  When you say "join threads" are you suggesting merging similar discussions to prevent duplicates? 

FAQs documents are always a good way to prevent repetitive questions.  What if we had a documentation "suggestion box" on the community?  This way we could create documents based on suggestions from members.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Quick Links