cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

apic-em 1.5.1.1054 cluster join fails

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

I have 3 apic-em appliances. All three reinstalled from USB (waited for wizard).

The first I installed as a new cluster. Everything work fine, all services running etc

BUT when i do the wizard on the others and choose joining existing cluster, i seems that it connects fine to cluster and syncs. But when the new host tries to finish updating local ntp it fails.  if i retry another fault appears. This also happened with the third apic. I am loosing hair on this. Actually i reinstalled the first apic twice (with reset_grapevine). The two others get stuck if you exit the wizard and reboots. Then the grapevine user password is lost in space.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

3 Replies 3

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

I see that the apic2 & apic3 does not have a default route, so thats the reason for why the installation /join won't finish cause of ntp is not reachable.

I can't add a default route since the password for the grapevine user is not synced. Does the cluster use an internal grapevine password when syncing?

I can ssh from APIC1 to the others, but still the password is wrong

-Steffen

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

Just reinstalled again. Same stupid NTP error and installation does not configure default gateway.

Capture4.PNG

steffenwebb
Level 4
Level 4

It seems like that APIC-EM-1.5.1054 has an installation issue !!

Moving NTP server to same subnet at the controllers, APIC2+3 are able to finish installation and join. Gateway at later stage, which is the reason that they can't reach beyond their own subnet. Attached screendump after installation

Capture5.PNG