cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing parameters in APIC-EM server

arikgelman
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to change some of the parameters regarding the OS running the APIC-EM, like:

Network interface MTU size

Adding authenticated NTP

It looks like the configuration is working but after restarting the server the APIC-EM does not start, the cluster IP is not responding and running the "reset_grapevine" is removing all the configuration I added and restoring the default configs. Is there a way to change this configs without destroying or disrupting the server functionality.

Please help

Arik

7 Replies 7

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say you do reset_grapevine, do you do just "reset_grapevine" or "reset_grapevine clobber"?

The first is an interactive op and you will have to answer the questions asked in order to preserve the APIC-EM DB states and values in it. Clobber will literally clobber it and delete the APIC-EM DB altogether :-)

Hi,

Thank you for your fast response.

I am doing "reset_grapevine" and answering "no" to all the questions, the thing is that this procedure resets the /etc/ntp.conf file where I added the NTP authentication for example.

Hi Arik,

this is an opportunity to "make a wish".

As you observed, reset_grapevine will rebuild the default configuration.

Adam

I made a wish, how it will come true

did you use the "I wish this page would.." option at the bottom of any of the controller UI pages.

That should popup an email to  apic_em_make_a_wish@cisco.com.  Product management will get that email and respond..

Yes,

I sent this mail:

I wish the Settings page would have the ability to:

* Add NTP authentication

* Change network interface MTU size

* Add SNMP credentials for remote monitoring of APIC-EM services and interfaces.

Thanks,

Arik

I will also send a request for changing the inventory re-synchronization timeout.

Awesome..  thanks for that.

1.4 will allow you to do a manual resync too.