Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ZTP or (Open) PnP

Hi community,

I have one question regarding the two provisioning methods available.

I want to develop an automated staging solution. Configs are generated in advanced and

need to be transferred to new devices along with a new OS (if needed).

What technology would I choose? ZTP or PnP? Which one will make it - or will both

be supported for the next several years? Which one will be mostly supported (across different platforms)?

Which one is better documented? Etc....

I would appreciate any feedback, ideas, etc. 

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

The solution which you are working on sounds like a perfect fit APIC-EM and could be taken a step further by utilising the APIC-EM API to upload your configurations into the controller under distinct projects. As your new devices come online and contact the controller they will be placed in a state where the configuration and image could be pushed to the device.

APIC-EM is a free application, but has been superseed by DNA Center, which has much beter and continuing platform support. Certainly this is where Cisco's focus lays.

I've never used ZTP, but PNP via DNA-C, based on ciscos backing would be a good place to focus your attention.

Take a look at cisco DevNet there are plenty of labs there, plus two public sandboxes which have there APIs interfaces exposed over the internet.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

The solution which you are working on sounds like a perfect fit APIC-EM and could be taken a step further by utilising the APIC-EM API to upload your configurations into the controller under distinct projects. As your new devices come online and contact the controller they will be placed in a state where the configuration and image could be pushed to the device.

APIC-EM is a free application, but has been superseed by DNA Center, which has much beter and continuing platform support. Certainly this is where Cisco's focus lays.

I've never used ZTP, but PNP via DNA-C, based on ciscos backing would be a good place to focus your attention.

Take a look at cisco DevNet there are plenty of labs there, plus two public sandboxes which have there APIs interfaces exposed over the internet.

cheers,

Seb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: