Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting off the ground with Cisco and SDN

khenderson31
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I recently graduated from University and started a job where I am given the opportunity to explore the possibilities of Software Defined Networking as well as applying my accrued programming knowledge to the company's core networking operations. My major obstacle is that I only have basic networking aptitude and as a result I am working on creating a plan of learning to familiarize myself with what I need to apply to in my job and on this community. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can begin? I consider myself to be a quick learner so should be brought up to speed in reasonable time.

I know I will be exposed to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3, Cisco Prime Collaboration 11 and APIC so any guidance as to how to become a professional ("developer-wise") within these boundaries will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lawrence,

I think you'll find the Cisco DevNet Learning Labs a great starting place to get your feet wet. There are beginner coding tutorials and individual learning labs for each technology's APIs.

Here's the link - Cisco DevNet: Learning Labs

Thanks,

Adrienne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: