cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Last Endpoint Connection From DNAC API?

I currently have a Python function that will grab an endpoint's last wireless connection using Prime's API. In preparation for our wireless controller moving away from Prime, I'm trying to do the same thing using DNA Center's API. The issue I'm running into is the client-detail API call will only give inactive connection info for about 24 hours before. The only alternative I can see is my function using the timestamp and making multiple calls until the given timestamp has an active connection. Does anybody know a DNAC API call that will give last given connection information without having to provide timestamps? Many thanks!

1 Reply 1

nirraman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can get information about an endpoint's last connection by using Cisco DNA Center's AI Endpoint Analytics API. On the Cisco DNA Center AI Endpoint Analytics window, you can view information about endpoints such as their first authorized timestamp, last authorized timestamp, and duration for which the endpoint has been available in the network. Refer to the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_3/endpoint-analytics-1-0.html

You can choose to distinguish the entries by MAC address or by using both MAC address and the network information provided.

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco DNA Center through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco DNA Center ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/cisco-dna-center-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394489] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.