Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receiving empty response for certain resource from Cisco UCS XML API

While querying the Resource stats using /nuova API from a Cisco UCS infrastructure, receiving empty response for several of the resource classes such as equipmentChassis, equipmentFex, etc.

Is there any limitation to the Resource statistics exposed through the API and if so, kindly specify the limitations as this case was not discussed anywhere as far as I know. And if not, could this be a configuration level issue? Please confirm.

1 Reply 1

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

I found a hint in [1]: Until a host is powered on at least once, Cisco UCS may not have complete inventory and status information. For example, if Cisco UCS is reset, it will not have detailed CPU, memory, or adapter inventory information until the next time the host is powered on. If a query method is performed on a MO corresponding to the unavailable data, the response will be blank.

However, I would expect this for server/blade resources and not the resource classes you mentioned...

[1] https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/api/b_ucs_api_book/b_ucs_api_book_chapter_00.html#c_querymethods