cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping or SSH into any device in Cisco CML Sandbox Enterprise Lab

char0051
Level 1
Level 1

I'am connected to CML Sandbox Enterprise Lab via given VPN,I can HTTPS into the main CML lab gui ,but other than that,I can't ping to any device in the 10.10.20.x subnet  in the lab from my local machine,I tried this from a mac book and from a Ubuntu VM running on windows.I also can't SSH into any device,I am trying to setup Ansible,So I need to SSH into these devices.I don't know where the problem is.Please help.

4 Replies 4

char0051
Level 1
Level 1

Adding more information to the issue-I can see the route 10.10.20.x/24 Via Tunnel on both MAC and Ubuntu,Still can't SSH or ping

Ping is typically denied. Check the sandbox instructions to see which ports are open for this sandbox.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

tom_minerd
Level 1
Level 1

I am also experiencing this issue and I don't see anything about specific port numbers in the documentation. I just see a list of individual IP addresses to get to devices. For example, I see 10.10.20.179 for the inside-host01 VM which is an Ubuntu VM. It is not being configured and there are no internal IP addresses configured either. ens10 is showing as the management interface which of course is hidden from the OS. These should have access to the sandbox backend, but unfortunately they do not. I can get to the console but I wanted to connect directly from my VPN connection. Is there something that might need to be fixed with this environment?

tom_minerd
Level 1
Level 1

This might be an indication of an issue with configuration upon loading:

Failed to start Wait for network to be configured

It's trying to configure ens10 which doesn't exist on the system but is connected to the sandbox backend. So something is definitely wrong with the initialization configuration and is probably true for most of the devices in the sandbox since I can't ping those as well.