cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML Lab Ubuntu login credentials

noysang
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what the default login credentials for the ubuntu servers in the CML Sandbox are?

6 Replies 6

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Modeling Labs Server
Address: 10.10.20.161
Username: developer
Password: C1sco12345
HTTPS Port for CML GUI/API: 443
Example Connection: https://10.10.20.161
SSH Port for Console Connections: 22

user : ubuntu

password: cisco

*****in Edit Config, COPY AND PASTE THOSE LINES  before starting your ubuntu node*****

#cloud-config
chpasswd: { expire: False }
list: |
user1:cisco
user2:password2
hostname: your_hostname
ssh_pwauth: True
ssh_authorized_keys:
- your-ssh-pubkey-line-goes-here

!!Good luck !!

athameemss1
Level 1
Level 1

During CML initial setup, VMware asked me to choose the OS, i selected Linux.Kernal.3x.

After that I didn't get the installation wizard, straightway it asked me to enter the user name and password.

Did anyone face this issue? any solutions?

jjekespnoza
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried these two pasword and they all dont work. I have also tried username:ubuntu Password: cisco  as well as username: ubuntu Password: ubuntu. am trying to get console access to my ubuntu VM 

ii found this "

Using Ubuntu Nodes in CML

The Ubuntu image uses cloud-init YAML for configuration. Please ensure that you have a valid cloud-init configuration in the node's Edit Config pane in the Workbench. When you drop an Ubuntu node on the canvas in the Workbench, a very brief (but complete) skeleton for a cloud-init configuration is added to the node.

The pre-configured default username on the VM image is ubuntu, but the initial config for the node overrides the default_user account to be cisco. To log into the node as with this default user account, ensure that the cloud-init config for the node either specifies a password with the top-level password field or provides at least one SSH public key with the top-level ssh_authorized_keys field." and it worked 

ansibu
Level 1
Level 1

Try

user: cisco