cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Server 'hq-cucm-sub1.abc.inc' cannot be pinged.

jacquescelliers
Level 1
Level 1

I am guessing that DNS is not getting resolved while I am connected to the sandbox, please can someone help me to fix this error? Where do i add the DNS records? As overtime i add it to the network adapter it gets deleted. 

5 Replies 5

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ICMP (and therefore ping) are disabled on sandbox networks, so that may be expected behaviour.  Is there something you are trying to do that's not working?

There is also a subtle DNS (mis-)configuration on the Collab XX labs where the UC host reverse DNS records are present on the primary DNS server but not the secondary.  This can manifest in some situations (like trying to connect to the Sub while using the Pub web UI), but usually can be worked-around by using the IP address of the UC host instead of host name.

jacquescelliers
Level 1
Level 1

hq-cucm-sub1.abc.inc this name does not resolve to 10.10.20.2 it does not get any IP on my machine connected to the VPN. My question is just is there some settings/host file i can add this resolution so that when i use this name it goes to the right ip?

jacquescelliers
Level 1
Level 1

jacquescelliers_0-1693466374386.png

jacquescelliers
Level 1
Level 1

jacquescelliers_1-1693466766994.png

There are a few open issues with the Collaboration sandboxes, which you seem to be stumbling upon:

• UC host/service certificates expired
  • Reverse DNS entries are not present in DNS server 10.17.x.x
  • Primary/secondary DNS servers are not identical

Tickets with the sandbox team have been opened to address these, though they're in the process of a large migration of the sandbox platform itself, so there may be somewhat of a delay.

As mentioned, hopefully most use-cases can still be achieved by using the UC host IP addresses instead of hostnames, e.g. when browsing to the admin UI, or in API calls.

You can manually add host name entries to your "hosts" file to workaround this for your own PC:  https://www.manageengine.com/network-monitoring/how-to/how-to-add-static-entry.html

(Theoretically, after reserving the sandbox you could fix the issues above since you will have admin credentials, e.g. by changing the UC host DNS servers to have only one DNS server (pointing to the AD host, which should have all the UC host forward/reverse DNS records configured), regenerating the certificates, etc. - however these would have to be re-done if reserving the sandbox again later...)