Views
Helpful
Replies

Default username and password for servers in Multi-IOS sandbox

darenv
Level 1
Level 1

Guys

I've spun up the Multi-IOS sandbox to use the VIRL instance therein to do some Ansible playing.  Whatever I do though, I can't seem to find username and password info for the Ubuntu 16.04 instances that get fired up as part of my topology.  Any thoughts about where I can go to find that info?

Cheers, Daren.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Standard credentials for VIRL nodes are cisco / cisco.   

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Do you mean the DevBox 10.10.20.50 in the topology? Here is cred. for . the box:
SSH Host - 10.10.20.50
Default Credentials – developer/C1sco12345

Thanks for that - no, not what I was looking for.  I created a topology of my own with a couple of servers in it (they're Ubuntu 16.04 boxes) and when I spun it up I couldn't get onto them with any of the creds I had available.  Was wondering which creds they needed.  Any thoughts?

Standard credentials for VIRL nodes are cisco / cisco.   

Thanks @hapresto !

Was also pointed to this doc which had the same info in it: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30161

Hi,

I have the same issue.

In your link there is this note.

Linux Servers / Cloud-init - requires cloud-init configuration injection, no default username/password present - inaccessible

But I'm not sure to understand what this mean...How did you solved ?

I've tried to configure manually cisco - cisco in the config tab but it not worked.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: