cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emea devnet anyconnect vpn gateway non-functional

Tech109
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to use the nexus 9kv VIRL sandbox, the sandbox is accessed via the devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com gateway. It looks like that gateway is not reachable. When using the basic nexus 9k sandbox, it looks like that one is accessed via the devnetsandbox-us-sjc.cisco.com gateway which is working. I need the 9kv VIRL sandbox, so is there any way to have that one made accessible via the sjc.cisco.com gateway, or can the emea-gwy.cisco.com gateway be fixed?

9 Replies 9

shausmit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Having the same issue. 

hapresto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, sorry for the difficulties.  

I just checked and was able to reserve and VPN into the NX-OS on VIRL sandbox through Galway, so it could have been a point in time problem that you hit.  

For making the NX-OS on VIRL sandbox available in SJC, we are looking at offering VIRL sandbox options out of SJC as well, keep an eye on the catalog.  

Thanks, Hank.  

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

What is the full URL you tried to connect to? In all reservable sandbox labs, the URL is appended with a 20XXX port number. This will be given in the email at the start of the reservation. We need the full URL to test your connection. Trying to connect to to "devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com"  via anyconnect will not work without the specific port. 

Thanks, 

Joseph Kearns 

Hello. Yes, it seems to be all of them. Here is mine currently:

devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com:20221

Connecting to the above does not work. Conversely, connecting to the other US gateway I mentioned earlier works.

Thanks Joseph. We chatted last night over email. Its still not working for me. I have tried from the Cisco Dubai offices as well with no luck. My URL was 

devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com:20209

Hi, 

Have tested this again on both cisco and an external network and it connects ok. 

Next step is to have a Webex to see exactly whats happening on the client side. I will reach out to you separately via email or Webex Teams.

Thanks, 

Joseph Kearns 

Cisco - I ran Wireshark while attempting to connect to devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com via the Anyconnect VPN client.

Packet capture shows successful 3 way TCP handshake between client and server. Then, client sends client hello message to server (TLS 1.2). Server sends back an ACK, and then no other packets. Client then sends a timeout TCP reset after 11 seconds. Looks like server is not responding to TLS handshake.

image.png

have the same issue with emea gwy 

I have the same issue with the emea gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: