cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! How do I use and a register a test phone with Sandbox Collaboration 10.5? Which one option is the best - Ip communicator, Jabber client or a physical Ip phone?

abdimohamed143
Level 1
Level 1

When I reserve my session I get the CUCM and the IM-Presence server and I can create phones and user, but I cannot register any phones to test it out. I registered Jabber client, but I could only get the IM to work, no calls. I wanted to see how the changes I make on the CUCM can help me. I seen the Camelot test phone applications on an video training, but I don't see that option anymore.

Please help me get started on this. The system is good but but when I get the testing capabilities it would fantastic. I would really appreciate if you point me to the right direction.

Thank you

Abdi

14 Replies 14

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Abdi,

We recommend using Jabber Client for this.

In regards to registration, please ensure that DNS working correctly when you are connected to VPN. Use nslookup and verify that 10.10.20.100 is used for sandbox name resolution. hq-cucm-pub should resolve to 10.10.20.1

We find that DNS issues are usually the problem for non registering clients.

There should be a Jabber client loaded on the 10.10.20.100 (directory server) that you can also use.

Let us know how you progress.

Also, can you let us know where you found the camelot training video? send on the link

Joe

Hi Joseph,

I appreciate the quick response. I'll go through the steps. If I come across some issues, do you mind if you give me a quick demo on how to set it up and get some jabber clients going?

By the way, here is the link to the sandbox training with the camelot on it.

DevNet Sandbox Collaboration Plus Overview - YouTube

Thank you Joseph,

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Joe,

I verified DNS sever is 10.10.20.100 and it is resolving correctly, but I'm still having issues registering my endpoints on the sandbox Collaboration 10.5. Where do I update the DNS sever Ip address? Please take a look at the below screen shots and advice me how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Abdi

Hi,

Can you let us know what setting you are using when logging onto Jabber client?When you open Advances Settings on the client login window, what setting are you entering?

Thanks,

Joe

Previously, I selected Cisco IM & Presence and entered the presence server's address down at the "use the following server" Server address: 10.10.20.17. But I have not done lately. What option should I select and what I address should go on the server address? Thank you for your advise. Abdi

Abdi,

Checking registration on this side this morning.

Will get back to you later today.

Joe

Abdi,

I tested the issue this morning and registration is working on both Windows and Mac clients. I tested this on a separaet 10.5 lab but they are all identical.

Make sure you are using a CSF user when logging in on these clients i.e. user01 - user05. You can just log in using "Automatic" under account type and a user ID of "user01@abc.inc". The CUP server will be automatically detected.

Joe

Greetings Joe,

I'h tried both automatic and manually adding the pretense server, but I'm still not able to make the phone portion work. I'm using the user "user01@abc.in" when I try to logging automatically I'm getting error "cannot communicate with the server" Please take a look at the below screen shots. The presence server is being detected but the phone portion is still not working for me.

Do you think I need to make some changes to my registry on my PC? Plus what happen to the Call Manager lab that had the Camelot with the remote physical phones?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you

Abdi

Hi Abdi,

The best way forward here is to have a webex and troubleshoot the issue. What timezone are you in?

Joe

Joe,

That would be great. I'm in Central Time Zone. Please let me know time and a day that works best for you for the webex session.

Thank you

Abdi

Hi Abdi,

What is your devnet username? also, do you have a current running reservation in the sandbox?

Joe

Hello Joe,

My apologies for the late reply I'h been tied up with work. My username is abdimohamed143 and I do not have a reservation on sandbox now, but I can make it when needed. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thank you

Abdi

Greetings Joe,

I'm still having issues getting the phones tested. Please let me know your best time that we can do webex session.

Thank you

Abdi

Hi,

Are you available for a webex now?

Joe