Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UI Demo can't reach server

Pilsen86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I'm developing a web app for a client, and we need to (if possible) add Jabber presence integration. Since this is an offsite engagement, I don't have access to their Jabber server and so I'm hoping I can use the Sandbox one to prototype a solution. 

I've provisioned the sandbox server and everything looks in order. I can navigate to the IM and Presence server, log in with the admin account etc. However, when I launch the Jabber UI Demo solution and try to log in, it says it can't reach the server.

Note - I am connected to the VPN and I've checked the urls and so on to make sure they're correct. Any idea what could be happening?

Also, I wanted to check a couple of other things

• The example guide, which can be found here (https://developer.cisco.com/docs/jabber-web/#!im-and-presence-how-to-use-jabber-im-core-apis/prerequisites)  says that I'll need to  "run the 'Cisco Jabber SDK for Web' provisioning command"  so I can provision a couple of accounts for testing purposes. How do I do that?  I've checked the Sanbox landing page and there's a commands area but it's got like 3 commands available, non of which is that one.
  • Is it  possible for web app to fetch presence info about any user in the organisation using their context, or perhaps using a pop up dialog for logging in (as opposed to a full redirect)?

As you can tell, I've never developed against Jabber or cisco products, so this activity way outside my skill set. I apologise in advance if my questions are too dumb or not worded correctly.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies 0