Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing "DevNet Multi-IOS Sandbox"

P.Kyuchukov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,
My name is Petko, studying DEVASC and  I found a very nice blog from Julio  Gomez:

GitHub - juliogomez/netdevops: Hands-on with NetDevOps

There are very nice use cases to practice on your own for network automation, however it refers to a "DevNet Multi-IOS Sandbox", which unfortunately is not available. I am wondering if anyone met the same problem and have some idea or recommendation for Devnet Sandbox I can use to fulfil the exercises in the above mentioned blog by Julio?

Thanks a lot in advance! 

Petko Kyuchukov

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

khorram1998
Level 1
Level 1

The DevNet Multi-IOS Sandbox that is referred to in the blog by Julio is no longer available. However, there are a few alternatives that you can use to practice network automation exercises.

1. DevNet Sandbox: Cisco DevNet has a wide range of sandboxes available for different platforms and technologies. You can explore the available sandboxes and select the one that best suits your needs.

2. GNS3: GNS3 is a network simulator that allows you to run different network operating systems on a single machine. You can use GNS3 to simulate various Cisco IOS versions and practice network automation.

3. EVE-NG: EVE-NG is another network emulator that allows you to run different network operating systems on a single machine. It has a wide range of supported devices and can be used to practice network automation.

4. VIRL: Cisco VIRL is a network simulation platform that allows you to create virtual networks with multiple devices and protocols. You can use VIRL to practice network automation and test different scenarios.

These are some alternatives to the DevNet Multi-IOS Sandbox that you can use to practice network automation exercises.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@P.Kyuchukov it was taken out of service a couple of years back and replace with the CML Sandbox 

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

khorram1998
Level 1
Level 1

The DevNet Multi-IOS Sandbox that is referred to in the blog by Julio is no longer available. However, there are a few alternatives that you can use to practice network automation exercises.

1. DevNet Sandbox: Cisco DevNet has a wide range of sandboxes available for different platforms and technologies. You can explore the available sandboxes and select the one that best suits your needs.

2. GNS3: GNS3 is a network simulator that allows you to run different network operating systems on a single machine. You can use GNS3 to simulate various Cisco IOS versions and practice network automation.

3. EVE-NG: EVE-NG is another network emulator that allows you to run different network operating systems on a single machine. It has a wide range of supported devices and can be used to practice network automation.

4. VIRL: Cisco VIRL is a network simulation platform that allows you to create virtual networks with multiple devices and protocols. You can use VIRL to practice network automation and test different scenarios.

These are some alternatives to the DevNet Multi-IOS Sandbox that you can use to practice network automation exercises.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK