cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New reservation always completes with errors - Active (with Error)

sharpgate
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have attempted twice to reserve the Collaboration Endpoints lab. However, every time it completes the environment setup the status is changes to Active (With Error). This causes the e-mail message with the VPN credentials to never arrive.

Please check the below screenshot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wazab,

The active w/ error issue was fixed. As you know, the VPN email would accompany with endpoint registration command, not after Setup.

Please try again your reservation and register your endpoint.

Thanks,

Bob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Will will investigate this issue and get back to you.

Regards

Joe Kearns

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wazab,

The active w/ error issue was fixed. As you know, the VPN email would accompany with endpoint registration command, not after Setup.

Please try again your reservation and register your endpoint.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt replies. The active with error issue is now fixed. However a new strange issue appeared. I reserve the lab for 5 days, the lab starts, I issue a command to register a Jabber for Windows Account then a while later the lab shows that it will end in a few minutes. The lab duration for some reason is changed to be 10 minutes shortly after the lab is created.

Could you please take a look at that issue as well?

Thanks

Hi,

This behavior is expected. This is an always on lab. When your devices are created, you can connect to the sandbox at any time (no need to access the portal). That is why there is no need to change the default reservation time of 2 hours (the actual length of the resevation is 10 mins so you can create what ever devices you need in that time. if you need to create more, then just make another reservation). The fact that your reservation expires does not mean that your devices will not register. Once they are created, you can register them at any time, regardless of an active reservation or not.

Does that make sense?

I admit that the user experience is not very good in this case and we are actively trying to improve it.

Joe Kearns

Hi,

Yes, I will have to say it is a bit confusing. So just to clarify once devices are created, I can register them at any time, regardless of the status of the reservation. Now how long will end points be able to establish calls? Will end point devices be able to call each other?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes we are planning to improve the UE around this sandbox,

Yes, once the device is created and you have received the device details in email, you can register that device ANY TIME.

There is no limit set on the ability to establish calls. Once the device is created, you will be able to register and make calls going forward.

Yes, if you register two devices with telephony, you will be able to call each other.

I would encourage the use of expressway (VPN less connectivity) when registering. It is a far easier and faster method to register. It is explained in the instruction on the page in the topology and also in the connection email.

Regards,

Joe Kearns

Hello,

Yes all is working now and devices are connected without issues.

Thanks for helping.

I have the same issue with catalyst 9000
active with error and this is the second reservation ,
the activity tab in reservation page show this error

Error: Fatal Error Has Occurred
Description: A fatal error has occurred. Environment Driver cannot continue.
Parameters

reported with admin
please if you can help .