Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to connect with username

I am not able to login to VPN connection. Is there any way to verify the username and password  through external portal?

7 Replies 7

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

There are several reasons why a VPN may fail to connect, including:

• Internet connectivity issues: Poor internet connectivity or internet connectivity issues
  • Firewall or antivirus software: A firewall or antivirus software on the device or network can block VPN traffic and prevent the connection.
  • VPN server issues: The VPN server might be down for maintenance or experiencing technical issues, preventing a connection.
  • Incorrect login credentials: Entering incorrect login credentials or expired passwords can prevent the VPN from connecting.
  • Outdated VPN client software: Outdated or incompatible VPN client software may cause connection issues.
  • Location-based restrictions: In some countries, VPNs are illegal. Otherwise, networks might restrict VPN usage, preventing a connection.

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Thanks for possible issue summary. For me the VPN AnyConnect just say login fail. it does not notify that password or username not valid 

In your reservation, VPN credentials can also be found by checking the "Output Window." Look for this button in your reservation:

output.png

This output button will toggle the output window open and closed. This window looks like a command terminal, and displays information about the sandbox automation, including VPN credentials once they've been generated.

I would type this and not copy/pasta this in the VPN client. If this does not work, cancel the reservation and generate a new one.

HTH

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

The command terminal is not accepting key input. I choose SD-WAN SandBox, Now, I see reservation is stopped.

Creation Time 9/28/2023 2:56:38 PM Start Time 9/28/2023 2:56:00 PM (Requires 15 min. setup) End Time 9/28/2023 7:01:00 PM Teardown Time 9/28/2023 6:56:00 PM Actual End Time 9/28/2023 7:01:04 PM Sandbox ID d633878b-52fd-4f75-b712-ac1478baa492 State Completed Domain DevNet

l would definitely end the reservation then and make a new one.

AlexStevenson_0-1696029702283.png

It may take some time for the original reservation to tear down. You can check the status of all your recent reservations here —> https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Reservation/List

In which case your VPN would fail to connect as your reservation had expired. Suggest to start a new one.

Hope this helps

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight
  • Error: "Login Denied , unauthorized connection mechanism , contact your administrator"
  • AnyConnect clients fail to connect to a Cisco ASA. The error in the AnyConnect window is "Login Denied , unauthorized connection mechanism , contact your administrator".
  • Solution: This error message occurs mostly because of configuration issues that are improper or an incomplete configuration. Check the configuration and make sure it is as required to resolve the issue.

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******