Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to use Commands on Colloboration 10.5 sandbox lab

babu.kurra1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to use Commands tab on both Colloboration 11.0 and 10.5, but always Commands window open as blank, So can you please help?

Lab Network Address: devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com/rave12

Username: babu.kurra

Thank you,

Babu Kurra

11 Replies 11

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Commands tab for this sandbox is not active as there is no specific automation running in this lab. Can you tell us what commands you expected to see in there? What would you like to achieve in this sandbox?

Thanks,

Joe Kearns

Hi Joseph,

I am trying to test Jabber IM core API's by using the below tutorial

https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-websdk/learn/im-and-presence-how-to/use-jabber-im-core-apis/

and later would like to integrate Jabber with Drupal 7.0 CMS.

Thank you,

Babu Kurra

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. To run this tutorial, you need to connect the Collab Endpoint lab. This tutorial uses this lab as the back end. Also, I have noticed that page is quite old and needs to be updated.

Once you register this lab (take the 2 hour default), you will have a number of commands available to you to create new jabber endpoints for your testing. Once created, the access information and device details will be sent to you and you can register a device at any time (without having to reserving the topology again). However, if you want to create a new device, you need to reserve the topology again. In your case, all you need is the access details to connect to the sandbox and then you can follow the tutorial. If you like, you can create a Jabber device ( i.e. for windows) and the Anyconnect information will be send to you.

Once connected you can follow the tutorial. Also, there CAXL SDK information in the SDK tab of in the information pane which may be useful to you.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the information. So for CAXL SDK what type for sandbox i need to use? Can i use Collab Endpoint lab?

Hi,

Yes you can. Once you connect to that Lab VPN you can access the backend services. Be aware that this is a shared lab and is access by many users. For this reason, we do not allow admin access to any backend servers i.e. CUCM and CUP. However, you can explore this CAXL API using this lab.

Joe

Thank you again Joe, One last question, Since i already reserve Colloboration 10.5, it doesn't allow me to reserve Collab Endpoint lab. How do i cancel the reservation Colloboration 10.5 and reserve Collab Endpoint lab?

Hi,

You can end the 10.5 sandbox first. We only allow one concurrent reservation. You will be able to do your testing on the Collab Endpoint lab. Because it’s an always on lab, once you get your VPN connected you can access it at any time, without having to make further reservations.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I don't see the option to end/cancel current reservation. Can you please let me know, where can i find the option?

Hi ,

See the screenshot below: the end icon is towards the upper right corner of the portal.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you, Appreciate your help.

No Problem. Please let us know if you require further assistance

Support