cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Permitted Users" for devnet labs has never worked, what am I missing?

Rich_M
Level 1
Level 1

I never have more than just myself listed in the "Permitted Users" section of the lab setup, though there are more people associated with the company that is associated with my login.  It has been this way for years.

I really need to give one of them access to the labs I'm building, but since no one but myself is in the list, I cannot do so.

I'm *completely* happy to review docs on how to make this work, what setup or configuration needs adjusted - but I cannot find such docs.  If I can be pointed at them I'm all ears though.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide or links to documentation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To circle back around and provide information here for anyone else with this problem:

If you create a lab and cannot give someone else permission to use it, there seems to be two possible reasons.

1) The two accounts are not tied together on the back end [possibly/probably].  There seems to be no way for you, as a user, to do this, regardless if you have two accounts that are associated as part of the same company at other Cisco pages.  Resolution is to ask about it here in these forums and hope someone helpful like @ zowu notices and can sort that out for you.

2) EXCEPT for now *no one* can do this except the admins at Cisco.  Some unspecified potential security problem was noted with the whole "adding another person to the reservation" so they [hopefully temporarily?] removed the entire feature. You can only see yourself in those dialogs for permission to run the labs.  The resolution is, again, post here and ask kindly for help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You only can add user who has same organization# with you. Please unicast your userid and company name with us and we can add you into your organization. 

To circle back around and provide information here for anyone else with this problem:

If you create a lab and cannot give someone else permission to use it, there seems to be two possible reasons.

1) The two accounts are not tied together on the back end [possibly/probably].  There seems to be no way for you, as a user, to do this, regardless if you have two accounts that are associated as part of the same company at other Cisco pages.  Resolution is to ask about it here in these forums and hope someone helpful like @ zowu notices and can sort that out for you.

2) EXCEPT for now *no one* can do this except the admins at Cisco.  Some unspecified potential security problem was noted with the whole "adding another person to the reservation" so they [hopefully temporarily?] removed the entire feature. You can only see yourself in those dialogs for permission to run the labs.  The resolution is, again, post here and ask kindly for help.