Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding LDAP authentication

mukul chauhan
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Support, I have a doubt
I have done LDAP authentication and created LDAP Directory to authenticate my web application so I have doubts about when my lab is closed or terminated then the LDAP directory will also be terminated and I will not authenticate anymore to my web application. 
I think I always need to connect VPN through Cisco AnyConnect.
if I am right please provide me with a solution, how can I authenticate if my lab is terminated? Do assist me .Thanks 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DevNet Reservation Labs / sandboxes cannot be saved. Any changes will be lost when the reservation ends.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/sandbox/#getting-started/reservation-sandboxes

View solution in original post

You can't. Once the lab reservation ends you have no access to it. You can schedule a new reservation but will need to redo the LDAP configuration once the sandbox finishes initiating.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DevNet Reservation Labs / sandboxes cannot be saved. Any changes will be lost when the reservation ends.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/sandbox/#getting-started/reservation-sandboxes

could you please let me know, how could I LDAP authenticate if I lost the lab reservation?

You can't. Once the lab reservation ends you have no access to it. You can schedule a new reservation but will need to redo the LDAP configuration once the sandbox finishes initiating.

mukul chauhan
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Jonathan Schulenberg 
Is any other solution if we want LDAP authentication or any specific procedure I need to follow?

It's really unclear what you're hoping to accomplish here. LDAP vs. local authentication is transparent to every user/admin interface and API that I can think of on CUCM. Configuring it in an ephemeral sandbox doesn't seem useful to me.

If you have partner-level access to Cisco.com you could look at the available options on dCloud. Unlike the DevNet sandboxes, dCloud allows you to save a snapshot of your instance that can be restored on subsequent reservations. Those instances aren't always-on either though. If you need a permanent instance of CUCM for ongoing testing you'd need to spin up a VM locally. That, of course, requires paid or partner NFR licenses.