Views
Helpful
Replies

Sandbox connection problems

Kepa
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I´m interested in learning about ansible usage for automating some network deployments. For this reason, I´m trying to use Sandbox for my first Ansible Learning Labs, but I´m getting the error below when executing the first one from my local CentOS machine:

(venv) [root@localhost intro_module]# ansible-playbook -i inventory 01_aci_tenant_pb.yml
What would you like to name your Tenant?: test

PLAY [ENSURE APPLICATION CONFIGURATION EXISTS] *********************************

TASK [ENSURE APPLICATIONS TENANT EXISTS] ***************************************
fatal: [sandboxapicdc.cisco.com]: UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to connect to the host via ssh: ssh: connect to host sandboxapicdc.cisco.com port 22: Connection timed out", "unreachable": true}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
sandboxapicdc.cisco.com : ok=0 changed=0 unreachable=1 failed=0 skipped=0 rescued=0 ignored=0

I also tried to create a tennant or an EPG using the web Sandbox interface (I got to do it some weeks before), but I´m getting an error that sounds similar:

Error: 400 - the messaging layer was unable to deliver the stimulus (connection error, Connection refused)

My question is: ¿Is it only happening to me or is it something wrong with Sandbox Environment?

Thanks in advance and merry christmas

4 Replies 4

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think you SSH to the always-on sandbox "sanboxapicdc.cisco.com" and Ansible is failing to connect on port 22. 

Either test with a revered sandbox or try the REST API for always-on.

If you getting an error on the GUI - sometimes you can get an error due to the sandbox environment and load. But that gets fixed pretty quickly. 

If you need a more reliable lab .. use a revered lab instead of on always-on

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please let me know which learning lab you are following? In my understanding, there is only HTTPS access available. against host sandboxapicdc.cisco.com, not for SSH.

I checked mgmnt setting on sandbox, it is set to allow SSH, see pic:

terr mgmnt ssh sandbox.JPG

You cannot SSH to sandboxapicdc.cisco.com sandbox. Even if its allowed on the APIC..  there must be a firewall sitting in front of these sandboxes ..

Nmap scan report for sandboxapicdc.cisco.com (64.103.37.54)
Host is up (0.065s latency).
Not shown: 998 filtered ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
80/tcp  open  http
443/tcp open  https