Views
Helpful
Replies

Scaling Cisco Modeling Labs sandbox numbers

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All, 

Cisco Modeling Labs is our most popular sandbox and demand has always been greater than supply. Today, we have increased concurrent CML reservations from 55 -> 80. This is as a result of investment on infrastructure and networking. 
We don't intend to stop there. We will continue to scale CML and will reach out here when we do so. 

Thanks, 

Sandbox Support. 

19 Replies 19

Amazing @jokearns1 - big thanks for all the resources you provide and continue to support for the community!

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

theVPNbloke
Level 1
Level 1

Brilliant news! Thank you!

fracjackmac
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent news, @jokearns1.

Thanks!

Gery Escalier
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello, good news! thank you very much for applying CML, we hope you continue to expand it!

Greetings!

Hi All,

After this scaling, I encountered a problem with xrv9k it can't boot up, an endless loop of rebooting without success to start.

Best Regards

That might be due to size of the image and your sandbox not having enough resources 

is that a pay to play thing? I mean... I can only run ONE instance of anything and I can't run anything? That model makes no sense. My neighbor behind me at work can spin theirs up fine. There is no discernible difference between our accounts. Neither of us have any active Cisco contract or entitlement. Theirs works, mine doesn't.

@mattfriendly sandbox is free, but you can only run one reservation sandbox at a time, you cannot have multiple reservations.

Hope this helps.

mattfriendly
Level 1
Level 1

Yes thank you for informing of the scale & glad to hear things are move upward. Occasionally & throughout the weekend beginning on Friday I have been unable to spin up a Collaboration 12.5 or Collaboration 14.0 instance. They continually fail at launch without much further warning.

collabro.PNG

mattfriendly
Level 1
Level 1

I also noticed that further labs would not spin up:

```

There was an error setting up Identity Services Engine 3.2.

There are a few possible reasons for the error:

• No resource available by this moment
  • The sandbox is under maintenance
  • You try to reserve two or more sandboxes simultaneously

Please try relaunching the sandbox to reboot the process.
If that doesn't work, please try again later or reach out to support. Our team will be looking into the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Cheers,
The DevNet Sandbox Team
```

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI, 

Have spun up collab and CML labs this morning without issue. We had so push some important updates over the weekend. Failures may be a result of that. 
I also see we have capacity available for these labs so it should not be a problem spinning them up. Please give it another go. 
Thanks, 

Support

mattfriendly
Level 1
Level 1

After trying again at your insistence I am still unable to launch a collaboration environment. Environment failed.

Hi,

It turned out that your email address was too short to be handled by our automation and a fix has been implemented. Can you try another reservation?

Support

I did try another but it was unfortunately not successful. Possibly due to the same reason. What a scenario to have unfolded...who knew? Cheers and thank you for your efforts and attempts to resolve it. The last thing I wanted to do was make work...especially for good folks. Take care.