cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD WAN always on sandbox - Invalid User or Password

DavidFi
Level 1
Level 1

Please have someone check the SD WAN always on sandbox, it is returning "Invalid User or Password" when I attempt to login.

From postman:

DavidFi_0-1700748217391.png

This issue only started occurring this morning.  Yesterday worked without issue.

Login data used:

DavidFi_0-1700748419576.png

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DavidFi
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the password/account has been reset.   The Always-On SD-WAN Sandbox is accessible again.

Thank you to all that replied and helped.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

@DavidFi it could have been locked due to too many failed attempts, this can be done by both the UI and the API. See if this unlocks in a little while.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

DavidFi
Level 1
Level 1

It's been a couple of hours and I'm still getting "Invalid User or Password".

DavidFi_0-1700766457218.png

@DavidFi uggg... this happen two weeks back and the Cisco team had to unlock this. A while back on an older version, there was a bug where a read only user could force change the password (pre 19.x i recall). Hopefully the team will pick this up and fix this.

Can you access the reservable SD-WAN sandbox?

Unfortunately our corporate firewall currently blocks anyconnect traffic.  It's being looked at, but until then I'm stuck with the Always-On sandbox.

@DavidFi Is the issue happening in vManage? If so, try to reboot that. I have experienced that in a LAB environment. Also, try to have a secondary user in case your is locked due to multiple attempts.

The issue is with the Cisco provided SD-WAN Always-On sandbox.  The user account is provided by Cisco and has limited rights.

DavidFi
Level 1
Level 1

FYI, it's been a week and the SD-WAN Always-On instance is still locked.

Postman returns "Invalid User or Password". 

Attempting to login directly returns the following:

DavidFi_0-1701102398961.png

@DavidFi by some reason the user has been locked, and as you have some automation using this username and password, it will try to authenticate multiple times by automation, however will not be allowed due to invalid password.

My recommendation to you is:

1. Disable any automation running/using this credential.

2. Try to unlock the account with a different admin account.

3. If the issue persist, try to reload vManage also. 

I had similar issue with a vManage on lab, which the invalid username/password stopped only after vManage reload.

Be attempt to reload that in a scheduled window.

Something very important also, is to engage Cisco TAC.

@jonas.resende good information, but in the sandbox environment, none of that is possible by users only the engineer team at Cisco can do this.

Got it @bigevilbeard 

DavidFi
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the password/account has been reset.   The Always-On SD-WAN Sandbox is accessible again.

Thank you to all that replied and helped.