cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN reserved sandbox - Cannot connect to AnyConnect VPN

sarfrazugradar
Level 1
Level 1

I was emailed credentials for a sd wan reserved sandbox but couldn't connect to the anyconnect vpn with those credentials so I couldn't access the lab which was disappointing. Prior to this I was trying out the always on sd wan lab but the login credentials don't work so I couldnt practice Rest API calls. Can anyone assist? Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Great news @sarfrazugradar it was not until i saw the message you posted about the 'remote user' error. Local connection only for the reservable sandboxes.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

What was the error when connecting via the VPN @sarfrazugradar ?

The instructions are asking me to connect to the Cisco Anyconnect VPN and Im using the credentials sent to me in the email once the lab is ready but when using those creds I get an error from the AnyConnect app saying
'AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway.  Please try connecting again.  Please see below:

18/06/2024
11:27:43 Ready to connect.
11:28:03 Contacting devnetsandbox-usw1-reservation.cisco.com:20143.
11:28:24 User credentials entered.
11:28:25 Establishing VPN session...
11:28:25 The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...
11:28:25 Checking for profile updates...
11:28:25 Checking for product updates...
11:28:25 Checking for customization updates...
11:28:25 Performing any required updates...
11:28:25 The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.
11:28:25 Establishing VPN - Initiating connection...
11:28:26 Connection attempt has failed.
11:28:26 Ready to connect.
11:28:26 VPN session ended.

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Yes we can assist. Apologies for the issues you are having.

Can you end your current reservation and create a new SD WAN reserved sandbox and we can monitor. We will also check the Always on Sandbox.

Thanks,

Joe

The instructions are asking me to connect to the Cisco Anyconnect VPN and Im using the credentials sent to me in the email once the lab is ready but when using those creds I get an error from the AnyConnect app saying
'AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway.  Please try connecting again.  Please see below the logs from the anyconnect

18/06/2024
11:27:43 Ready to connect.
11:28:03 Contacting devnetsandbox-usw1-reservation.cisco.com:20143.
11:28:24 User credentials entered.
11:28:25 The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...
11:28:25 Checking for profile updates...
11:28:25 Checking for product updates...
11:28:25 Checking for customization updates...
11:28:25 Performing any required updates...
11:28:25 The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.
11:28:25 Establishing VPN - Initiating connection...
11:28:26 Connection attempt has failed.
11:28:26 Ready to connect.
11:28:26 VPN session ended.

Anyconnect also has a additional error message saying:

'VPN establishment capability for a remote user is disabled.  A VPN connection will not be established'.

@sarfrazugradar This message normally indicate you are attempting to connect from a remote host, such as AWS or from a VM within your local PC? Is that correct?

Hey.  No i am trying to connect from my local laptop

Hi.  Yes you are right.  I was RDP'd onto my laptop so the AnyConnect failed.  Once I disconnected from the RDP session and attempted to connect to the AnyConnect VPN the VPN established successfully.  Thanks for your help.  I wish there was a way around this as I RDP to my local laptop to my work screens because the screens are multiple and bigger.

@sarfrazugradar what is your Sandbox username? I will check your running reservation.

My sandbox username is s.ugrada

Hi.  This is now resolved.
I was RDP'd onto my laptop so the AnyConnect failed.  Once I disconnected from the RDP session and attempted to connect to the AnyConnect VPN the VPN established successfully.  Thanks for your help.  I wish there was a way around this as I RDP to my local laptop to my work screens because the screens are multiple and bigger.

Great news @sarfrazugradar it was not until i saw the message you posted about the 'remote user' error. Local connection only for the reservable sandboxes.