Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing Built-In Bridge

juan.ruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to test the Built-in Bridge feature.

I can configure everything I need in the CUCM virtual server, but I dont know how to initiate a real phone call using this virtual CM.

Is there any Cisco dev tool, or softphone which I can register with this CUCM and make calls to test BiB?

Thanks in advance,

Juan

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In general, you can install a CUCM-compatible Cisco softphone - such as IP Communicator, or Jabber - on a PC, connect that PC to the lab environment via VPN, and register the softphone to the lab CUCM for making calls.  This of course works best if you have another softphone device to answer the call - see this document for configuring the lab VPN so you can make a second connection (i.e. from another PC with another softphone.)

IP Communicator and Jabber both implement the built-in-bridge feature in software, but note you can register hardware Cisco phones to the lab CUCM, i.e. by configuring a local router to connect to the lab VPN, and then connecting your phone to the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: