cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

ISR 4431 IOS upgrade (show install active) output is empty.

alonso2352
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgrade from 17.3.5 to 17.6.5, I used the command request platform software package expand file bootflash:isr4400-universalk9.17.06.05.SPA.bin, and then change the boot variable to packages.conf, rebooted the router and all good so far until I enter the command show install active and nothing is showing. Should I concenr about this?

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

Edson A. Hernandez
Spotlight
Spotlight

The "show install active" command is used to display information about the currently active software packages on the router. This command only works if the software packages have been installed using the install add command.

Since you upgraded the software using the "request platform software package expand" command, and not the "install add" command, the "show install active" command may not display any output. Instead, you can use the "show version" command to verify that the correct software version is running on the router.

If the "show version" command confirms that the correct software version is running on the router, then you should not be concerned about the lack of output from the "show install active" command.

**Remember to support with a like to keep the community active***
**Please, if the information was helpful, mark this answer as correct.***

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

9 RESPUESTAS 9

Hi

What it displays using show install active summary or detail keyword?

Regards

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio seems like none of those are valid commands for this IOS version.

LON-WAN-03#sh in
LON-WAN-03#sh ins
LON-WAN-03#sh install ac
LON-WAN-03#sh install active sum
LON-WAN-03#sh install active summ
LON-WAN-03#sh install active ?
| Output modifiers
<cr> <cr>

LON-WAN-03#sh install sum
LON-WAN-03#sh install summary
LON-WAN-03#sh ins
LON-WAN-03#sh install de
LON-WAN-03#sh install det
LON-WAN-03#sh install ?
active Show the active package information
committed Show the committed package information
inactive Show the inactive package information
issu ISSU
log Show log file
package Show package details
profile List of Profiles
rollback Show package information for a rollback point
summary Show summary information
uncommitted Show the uncommitted package information

LON-WAN-03#sh install ac
LON-WAN-03#sh install active de
LON-WAN-03#sh install active ?
| Output modifiers
<cr> <cr>

LON-WAN-03#sh install active

Edson A. Hernandez
Spotlight
Spotlight

The "show install active" command is used to display information about the currently active software packages on the router. This command only works if the software packages have been installed using the install add command.

Since you upgraded the software using the "request platform software package expand" command, and not the "install add" command, the "show install active" command may not display any output. Instead, you can use the "show version" command to verify that the correct software version is running on the router.

If the "show version" command confirms that the correct software version is running on the router, then you should not be concerned about the lack of output from the "show install active" command.

**Remember to support with a like to keep the community active***
**Please, if the information was helpful, mark this answer as correct.***

Thank you Edson, but theoretically right now I have the switch in Install or Bundle mode?

if you have rebooted the router after changing the boot variable to packages.conf, it should have automatically switched to Bundle mode

So in this case if I want the IOS 17.6.5 to be on Install mode, what should I do from there, like for example when I try to activate the bin file I got and error back saying this:

LON-WAN-03#install activate
/usr/binos/conf/install_engine.sh: line 66: /bootflash/.installer/install_issu_pid: No such file or directory
install_activate: START Fri Apr 28 01:19:17 BST 2023
mkdir: cannot create directory '/bootflash/.installer': File exists
LON-WAN-03#

Edson A. Hernandez
Spotlight
Spotlight

you could reinstall the image  "install add file flash:xxx activate commit " to switch to install mode

Hi

Check the following links and see if any step is missed:

https://www.lookingpoint.com/blog/upgrade-cisco-isr-4000-series-routers

https://stonelee2005.github.io/2021/05/13/How-to-Upgrade-IOS-XE-OS-on-ISR-4K-Series/

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/software/configuration/xe-16-12/isr4400swcfg-xe-16-12-book/installing_the_software.html

Try re-installing the image following the steps indicated on the links above. Also check the available space on the memory.

Regards,

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

marklook2022
Level 1
Level 1

If the "show install active" command output is empty after attempting an IOS upgrade on a Cisco ISR 4431 router, it typically means that the upgrade process might have encountered an issue, and the new IOS image has not been activated successfully .

MaryKayInTouch