cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Interface disconnections and spanning tree convergence failure on C6509 connected to C6513 with high cpu spike

There have been multiple alarms from different equipment associated with disconnections to the ports that communicate with the 6513. Additionally, it does not present disconnection logs or resets but has some problem logs with module 4. However, in the logs of the equipment such as 6509 Cores the disconnections of the interfaces and the non-convergence of the spanning-tree are evident.

Logs are attached.

I hope someone could help me with this case, if you require any other information please let me know

3 RESPUESTAS 3

Hi

You must open a case with the Cisco TAC, regarding the picture 6513 log.png, it is related to a problem with the line card. So I suggest a case with them to solve the issue. You can do that through the cisco.com and then support. 

Regards

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Buenos días mguevara@netreadysolutions.com 

Hay dos posibles razones para este problema, o la line-card tiene un falso contacto (esta mal insertada) o tienes un problema de hardware de la line-card, con sacar e introducir nuevamente el modulo puedes descartar que se trate de una mala inserción, si el problema persiste es probable que el TAC tenag que hacer una revisión para generar el RMA.

***Por favor no olvides calificar y/o marcar como solución las respuestas útiles, tu calificación promueve nuestra participación.***

Saludos,

Hola, 

This condition is usually caused by an improperly seated linecard or Hardware failure. You can try the reseting the module but at the time of the reset run the diagnostic as well: 

1.- Run a diagnostic

Swicth (config)# diagnostic bootup level complete

2.- Power off the slot using the following command:

(config) no power enable module 4

3.- Physically reseat the module (module #4)

4.- Then power on the slot using the following command:

(config) power enable module 4

5.- After it comes up, run the command #show diagnostic result module 4

6.- Analyze the output from step 5

7.- If the logs persist then it could indicate a hardware issue.

As Julio have mentioned in previous post, next step will be open a case in TAC in order to confirm a hardware failure and request and RMA if apply. 

Best regards

Leonardo