Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 
cancel
Visites
Compliment
Réponses

cisco AP Firmware change to autonomous configuration AIR-AP2802i-E-K9

i need some help. 

i have an AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 which is in a lightweight configuration and i need to switch it to autonomous, how can i do it? 

i already have a TFTP server and the firmaware to do it but i dont have the process.

thanks you in advance !

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions approuvées

Hi @xavier ceglinska 

You should then be able to login into the AP using the default credentials:

• Username: Cisco
  • Password: Cisco

You now can configure the network interface of the AP so it can establish connectivity with your laptop

enter the following command:

• capwap ap ip 192.168.88.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.88.1

You can validate this configuration by using the show ip interface brief command

You can validate that you have network connectivity with your laptop using ping: ping 192.168.88.1

You will need a TFTP server to transfer these software images to your AP. In my case, I am using the application called  tftpServer on macOS.

Here is what you need to do regarding the TFTP server setup:

• Star the application
  • Once the application is started, validate that it is listening on the 192.168.88.1 IP address
  • Validate what is the TFTP root directory 
  • Place the software images that you download in the TFTP root directory

From the console connection, via CLI, enter the following command:

ap-type mobility-express tftp://<IP_TFTP_SERVER>/<ME_IMAGE_FILENAME>

Here is an example: ap-type mobility-express tftp://192.168.88.1/AIR-AP2800-K9-ME-8-3-133-0.tar
You will now need to reboot the AP in order to install the new code using the following command:
reload
The AP will reboot and install the mobility express version.
Once the AP is back up, log back in using the default credentials (Cisco/Cisco) and issue the show version command in order to validate that the new version has been installed
You can now see that the Mobility Express code version 8.3.133 has been installed on this AP.
The AP Image type is now MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
The AP Configuration is now MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 RÉPONSES 3

Hi @xavier ceglinska 

You should then be able to login into the AP using the default credentials:

• Username: Cisco
  • Password: Cisco

You now can configure the network interface of the AP so it can establish connectivity with your laptop

enter the following command:

• capwap ap ip 192.168.88.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.88.1

You can validate this configuration by using the show ip interface brief command

You can validate that you have network connectivity with your laptop using ping: ping 192.168.88.1

You will need a TFTP server to transfer these software images to your AP. In my case, I am using the application called  tftpServer on macOS.

Here is what you need to do regarding the TFTP server setup:

• Star the application
  • Once the application is started, validate that it is listening on the 192.168.88.1 IP address
  • Validate what is the TFTP root directory 
  • Place the software images that you download in the TFTP root directory

From the console connection, via CLI, enter the following command:

ap-type mobility-express tftp://<IP_TFTP_SERVER>/<ME_IMAGE_FILENAME>

Here is an example: ap-type mobility-express tftp://192.168.88.1/AIR-AP2800-K9-ME-8-3-133-0.tar
You will now need to reboot the AP in order to install the new code using the following command:
reload
The AP will reboot and install the mobility express version.
Once the AP is back up, log back in using the default credentials (Cisco/Cisco) and issue the show version command in order to validate that the new version has been installed
You can now see that the Mobility Express code version 8.3.133 has been installed on this AP.
The AP Image type is now MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
The AP Configuration is now MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

it work thank you soo much !!!

You're welcome