cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install OpenJDK and JRE into Yocto ?

ssakane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you tell me how to install OpenJDK into Yocto VM SDK ?  And, could you tell me how to install JRE into Yocto of CGR1K ?

I have tried to use the internal repository, but it doesn't seem to be easy to achieve making that environments.  There are many dependencies I need to resolve.

Thanks,

Shoichi

3 Replies 3

Thanks!  This document is the one I looked for.

But, it seems that both 173.36.209.72 and 128.107.155.53 are not active.  When I use 10.106.224.73, the result is like below.

sakane@qemux86:~$ sudo smart install openjdk-7-jdk

Loading cache...

Updating cache...               ######################################## [100%]

Computing transaction...

error: Can't install openjdk-7-jdk-25b30+2.3.12-r5.1@i586: all packages providing libjli.so(SUNWprivate_1.1) failed to install:

error: Can't install pango-1.32.5-r2@i586: no package provides pango-module-basic-x

error: Can't install pango-1.32.5-r2@i586: no package provides pango-module-basic-x

Shoichi

Hi Shoichi,

Probably the server is down.

However you may refer to Prepare Phidgets Development Environment on GOS to know how install Phidgets in CGR GOS. It should be similar to install JRE/JDK with local repository. For sure you need to download the JRE/JDK RPM 32bit first.

Thanks,

Steve