Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corey_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone using this in production yet? Thoughts?
Specifically, is anyone using the conversational LDAP yet? Thoughts?

18 Replies 18

Corey_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the info guys. I upgraded one of our production boxes this morning, and as long as there aren't any problems in the next couple of days, I'll upgrade the other production box on Wednesday.
The only catch that I ran into was a firewall problem on our end. I had always used port 25 to download updates. I don't know why. In the past, I had our firewall folks open ports 80 and 443 to different servers to get updates for Brightmail, Sophos, and Senderbase. For some reason, though, I had always used port 25 to download AsyncOS updates. This time around, though, they have completely phased out the old update commands so I had a hard time trying to get it to upgrade over port 25. I had to go into the upgradeconfig command and change the location. There wasn't a place to specify the port by itself, so I stuck it in the URL for the location. (e.g. http://downloads.ironport.com:25/...). Luckily that worked.
In the future, I'll probably request that our firewall folks allow me to connect to that server over port 80, but the above solution works when you don't have a couple of weeks to wait on the firewall guys and all of their red tape. :twisted:

Anyone know what the defect number is for the conversation LDAP stuff not logging rejects? I'd like to see if it is fixed in 4.5.0.

I'm very happy with the release notes for 4.5.0 - finally we can reject those emails with invalid domains in MAIL FROM. The last feature we lost when we moved away from Postfix.

shannon.hagan
Level 1
Level 1

According to the information I have, the id for logging ldap rejects is 179661.

Not fixed in 4.5.0 - but should be fixed in 4.5.5 near the end of the year.