cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a new domain to be managed by Ironport

gv_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We have registered and configured on our NS a few new domains.
I need to know if I only need to add them to the Recipent Access Table and the SMTP routes, or if there's something else to be done.
DNS and LDAP server already know and manage these new domains - so I only need to know the Ironport side.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

When you add additional domains that your Ironport will be accepting mail for and scanning, you will need to configure those two things you mentioned:

1. On the GUI interface, click on "Mail Policies > Recipient Access Table"

- Add the new domain, ie. newdomain.com

2. Click on "Network > SMTP Routes"

- Add the destination host IP address that the Ironport will deliver mail to for the new domain.

-i.e.

newdomain.com 10.1.32.35

More than likely, you'll want to deliver it to a local IP address.

I need to know if I only need to add them to the Recipent Access Table and the SMTP routes, or if there's something else to be done.
DNS and LDAP server already know and manage these new domains - so I only need to know the Ironport side.

Thanks in advance

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

One other thing, make sure your LDAP works for these new domains.

Go to "System Administration > LDAP". Go to the Accept query section and put in some sample recipient emails for the new domain, i.e

jsmith@newdomain.com

and make sure the results come back positive.

If needed, you can bypass ldap check on new domains/users if they are not yet in the Active Directory/domain controller.

Thanks in advance

buzz_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks in advance

Well we work on C600 and what i do whenever i add a new Domain is following:

in GUI adding the Domain in

Mail Policy -> Incoming Mail Policy
Mail Policy -> Outgoing Mail Policy
Mail Policy -> Recipient Access Table (RAT)
Mail Policy -> Dictionaries
Network -> SMTP Routes

hope it could help u

gv_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info- it all worked fine.