cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding another content security management appliance m680 for redundancy and capacity

cale Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Based on the documentation it looks like the solution for redundancy is to have one primary and the other standby.  The primary will backup to the standby.  I wanted to make sure that was correct.  

The documentation doesn't really explain how we would we go about adding another management appliance for capacity.  i'm concerned with the spam quarantine that users connect to.  Would they need to log into each m680 to release their mail and update their safe and block lists? if that's the case is there a solution to make it look like one device to the users?

1 Reply 1

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Cale,

You would need to run scheduled backups from the primary to secondary SMA.

If for any reason the primary SMA fails, you will bring the secondary SMA to an active state, and you will need to change of the secondary SMA to take over the primary in this instance to ensure that there is no change in IP. (this is for the active-standby concern)

With addition for capacity, if this is to be enabled, then the users will get two individual notifications from each SMA and will need to log into each to manage, and there would be two seperate SLBL databases from my knowledge.

regards,

Matthew