cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone install Hot Patch 2 8.01-108 ?

Jason Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa8-0/release_notes/ESA_8-0-1_HP2_Release_Notes.pdf

Anyone apply this patch to their appliances yet?  I was talking to Cisco support on a different issue and asked about this, I am seeing TLS failures at a higher than normal rate and they indicated they would release the patch to our appliances.  It has not shown up as of yet and I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

As of right now I don't see any e-mail delivery issues, looks like things that are failing a 'prefered' TLS connection are negotiating down to a plain text conversation.  

3 Replies 3

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The HP release - you must request to be added to the provisioning group --- it isn't something that will be directly released and seen in your manifest returns when running 'upgrade' on the CLI, or checking from the GUI.

We have several customers that have requested and applied the upgrade for -108.  And, I have provisioned a large number as well, that have verified upgrade and fix.  I think we'll see a bigger uptick w/ the 8.5.6 FCS release that just occurred, since this will include the same fix.  And then 8.5.6 will move to GA as soon as it has cleared the numbers hurdles and comprehensive testing.

-Robert

Thanks Robert.

No worries.  Having been the one to provision your appliance SN in collaboration with your case last week - have you had a chance to upgrade?  If so - how are things post-upgrade?

-Robert