cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying SSL certs

Khaim_Helms1
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a new SSL cert on my ESA and applied it to the IP interface for web based management and web based quarantine access. Can I use the same cert for the other functions on the ESA (delivery, receiving, LDAP, TLS)? Or do I have to have a separate cert for every function?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use one cert for multiple functions. But you probably want to have multiple Alternate Subject Names in the cert for the different functions. For example I have mx1.example.net in the cert for smtp and management and also spamq1.example.net  for accessing the quarantine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You can use it for all of them.

You should make sure the cert you're using matches the A record your MX records point to and the hostname your ESA reports itself as so that if other domains are set to validate the cert, it passes.

You can use one cert for multiple functions. But you probably want to have multiple Alternate Subject Names in the cert for the different functions. For example I have mx1.example.net in the cert for smtp and management and also spamq1.example.net  for accessing the quarantine.

And I use a wildcard cert...

I try to avoid wildcard certs where I can. But for sure that is also a solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: