Views
Helpful
Replies

C170 does not filter an interior Exchange User

rockyhabeeb
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I am having a problem figuring out why my Ironport C170 is NOT filtering an email to an interior user within my domain.  If I send an email to an outside address, it works fine.  I have two policies, the default which I do NOT have using any Data Loss Prevention policies (not checked on) and a custom policy inserted before it that has the DLP policies flagged on.  The custom policy is filtering on a domain LDAP group with a select few members.  Both for recipients and senders, but it is not flagging the message as secure and intercepting it.  It only does it if it routes to the outside world.

I would welcome any advice on solving this.

Thanks so much.

RH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rocky,

From your email, its not clear to me that the mail to your user is being sent through the ESA.

In general, mail sent between 2 users in an Exchange organization won't ever go through the ESA... so its policies won't ever deal with it...

Ken

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rocky,

From your email, its not clear to me that the mail to your user is being sent through the ESA.

In general, mail sent between 2 users in an Exchange organization won't ever go through the ESA... so its policies won't ever deal with it...

Ken