cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Email Reporting Plug-in - Uninstall

tmac44344
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to perform a mass-uninstall for the Cisco Email Reporting Plug-in v1.0.1.48? 

I need to remove the current plug-in to be able to install a more current Cisco Email Reporing Plug-in plug-in with custom xml files. 

Thank you. 

2 Replies 2

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what I known, there are no steps for mass uninstallation of the encryption plugin. The users would have to uninstall the plugin from their computers manually just like any other software.

You may try 3rd party management software such as SCCM 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/email-security/silient-uninstall-cisco-ironport-outlook-plugin/td-p/2575171

Regards,

Libin Varghese

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this is something custom to your environment and more specific to Microsoft/Windows, you'll ultimately need to perform some research and testing on your own to see what fits best. 

However, here are some simple PShell commands I cooked up which could be useful ...

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | Where-Object {$_.Name -eq "Cisco Email Security Plug-In" } | ForEach-Object -Process {$_.Uninstall()}

or if using PShellv5+

Get-Package -Name "Cisco Email Security Plug-In" | Uninstall-Package -Force

You can then deploy these as a.ps1 script using a Group Policy or something similar.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.