Views
Helpful
Replies

Cloud AMP for Email integration with On-Premise Cisco Iron port email solution

nirmal.joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I faced these questions during one of the presales calls. Need your views on the following queries.

1. one of the clients has an on-prem Iron port email solution, now they want to integrate this solution with cloud based AMP for email. Is this integration supported?

2. From licensing point of view, do I need to order Cloud based AMP for email or the Hybrid AMP for email? Please share the SKUs if possible. Its little confusing in ordering guide.

3. Also, in another scenario if the AMP for email is deployed on-premise then would the AMP be deployed as a standalone instance or will that be running on the Ironport email appliance itself? I assume, we don't need to upgrade the Ironport to ESA. Thoughts pls.

Thanks

Nirmal Joshi

1 Reply 1

1. Yes, that's the "normal" mode of deployment. The ESA can appear as a device in the AMP for Endpoints console when its registered to their AMP4E account.
2. Its on prem, you just need the AMP for ESA SKU.
3. AMP is part of the AsynchOS image. Registering to the customers AMP for Endpoints console was added in 11.1.

You really need to get them upgraded to 12 when it goes GA. They added a huge list of other files that the ESA could send to AMP and made it smarter about what really needs to go to AMP for an actual net reduction of files uploaded for inspection.